- 1 Facilities
- 2 Help for Refugees
- 3 Support refugees in Nuremberg
- 4 Support refugees around Nuremberg
- 5 Weblinks
- Eibacher Hauptstrasse
Plus additional emergency shelters and sport halls. Fürth, near to Nürnberg also has a facility in Zirndof.
Help for Refugees
The award winning project Asylothek is located inside the facility in the Kohlenhofstrasse. It is a library that offers books and media as well as board games to refugees. There are plenty of materials to help you learn German as well.
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays: 18-00 - 20.00
- Thursdays and Fridays: 16.00 - 18.00
Contact and more information:
The BRK provides help for coordinating with authorities, asylum law and more.
- Adress: Beratungszentrum Christine-Kreller-Haus, Krellerstraße 3, 90489 Nürnberg (See on Map)
- Tel.: 0911 / 37 65 43 22
Organized by Helferkreis Eibach & Meiach, the café international offers a meeting place for refugees and everyone who wants to take part. Here you can improve your german, play board games and have a good time. The Café International takes place every other week on Friday at the Eibacher Hauptstraße 61, 15:00-17:30 (See on map).
Next dates: 09.10.2015, 23.10.2015, 06.11.2015, 20.11.2015, 04.12.2015
Support refugees in Nuremberg
Information and coordination
Official Coordination by the city of Nuremberg. Tel.: 0911 / 231-6938, e-mail
Helferpforte is a project initiated by the BRK to offer a meeting place, possibilities to speak to people with experience in social work and spiritual guidance. Helpers are needed.
Bayerisches Rotes Kreuz (BRK)
The BRK is well integrated in the help and care for local refugees and is active in most of Nürnbergs facilities.
Field of work:
- Collection and distribution of donations in-kind
- Handing out of supplies, food and beverages
- Dialogue and guidance
- individual support with authorities
- Furnishing of facilities
Helferkreis Eibach & Meiach
Field of work:
- Café international
- Collection and distribution of donations in-kind (see website for what is needed)
- Help with authorities
- public relations (Information, communicating needs of refugees and volunteers)